Welcome to the website of the Oil Capital Unit of the National Association of Parliamentarians (NAP) in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Our unit studies and practices the principles of parliamentary procedure based on the latest edition of Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised (RONR).
please Join us for our next meeting!
Our purpose, our philosophy
Our philosophical doctrine encompasses:
- Justice and courtesy for all
- Majority rule
- The right of the minority to be heard
- Protect the rights of the individual and the absentee
- Consider one thing at a time
- Maintain order
- Expedite business
Our purpose is to educate and advise interested organizational leaders/members on parliamentary issues such as:
- Development and interpretation of bylaws and other rules
- Fair and uncontested nominations and elections
- Meetings conducted by knowledgeable officers
- Proper board and committee procedures
- Correct handling of motions and voting
The Oil Capital Unit upholds the objectives and promotes the programs of the NAP.